Book Review "The Photographer"

Just a quick note to say that I've posted a review of the fantastic documentary photography story The Photographer by Didier Lefèvre and Emmanuel Guibert over at 'Thew's Reviews.



It's a unique and amazing collaborative effort, anybody interested in the behind the scenes work of a travelling photojournalist would do well to check it out!






'Thew's Reviews - The Photographer

4 Response to "Book Review "The Photographer""

  1. Matthew Robertson Says:

    Fascinating. I'll be looking for it when I go into the local bookstores, where I'm pleased to see that it's listed as being 'in stock'.

  2. Anthony - Motojournalism Says:

    It's well worth it! Really unique. I saw the original French version here in Montreal, but my French isn't up to snuff to read the complicated passages. I was happy to see the English version released last year.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Anthony, also saw the French version last year, and was quite excited to see it out in English. Just bought your two e-books after cruising your ADV ride reports. Well done. Look forward to meeting you on the road sometime.

    jonnykilo
    Kingston, ON

  4. Anthony - Motojournalism Says:

    Thanks for the comment Jonny! I read a lot as a kid, but I was never into comics. It's interesting for me to discover this format as an adult. I picked up a copy of a Tintin book in Spanish (La Oreja Rota) to help improve my reading comprehension. It's a book for kids, but that doesn't make it easy to read! I think there's a lot we as photographers can learn about visual storytelling through studying the panels of a comic.
    Here's a great documentary on Tintin I saw the other day: www.youtube.com/user/BehindCurtain1#p/u/28/TuKYBe_YEg0

Post a Comment